Our health is one of those things we often take for granted until something goes wrong and suddenly our health is all we can think about.
When it comes to our bodies, far too many people including myself focus on the wrong things.
We obsess about our weight and go ballistic over a few kilos here and there but totally forget about the big picture.
We forget about the importance of being healthy.
We forget about taking care of our heart, lungs and other major organs we literally can’t live without.
We forget how important taking a breath is.
We put off taking care of our health for much less important things. I’m guilty as charged on this one!
Fear is a major factor in why we put things off when it comes to our health.
We obsess over our looks on a superficial level when we should be focusing on our health and fitness.
Here are some things to remember when it comes to our health.
- Being thin does not mean you are healthy.
- Being young doesn’t guarantee good health. I was surprised to speak to three of my much younger friends recently to find out that they were all undergoing major surgery.
- Being elderly doesn’t mean you are unhealthy. I know some seventy years olds that do a lot more exercise than I do. They play tennis, play lawn bowls and dance regularly.
- A tan does not mean healthy skin.
- Exercising all the time and appearing fit doesn’t mean you are healthy.
- Looking pretty (or sexy) on the outside doesn’t mean you are healthy.
To be truly in touch with our bodies we need to focus on our health and not just on the pretty outside packaging.
We need to understand the two go hand in hand.
Ultimately good health will shine through and make us both beautiful and healthy.
If you enjoyed this post, please share it with your friends on social media.
Read Next – Know Your Own Beauty Part 1