How has your year been so far?
Are you kicking butt and working through your list of goals for the year or are you struggling with things not going quite to plan? Perhaps you are wondering how to get back on track?
I’ll admit I’m in the later category. I spent the beginning of the year entrenched in writing my new ebook and suddenly it was the end of May before I realized.
As I look at my 4 big goals for the year all that springs to mind is yikes! My initial reaction was actually a little stronger and more colorful than that but let’s just leave it a yikes for now…
Hopefully you are making fantastic strides in your year but if like me you have faltered a little, here are some questions to do some self-analysis on the last six months and have you powering through the next six and yes I will be taking my own advice and working through these questions myself!
Here are 20 questions to ask yourself.
1. What task took a lot longer to complete than you expected?
2. What is the main reason your task took longer than you expected? Were you procrastinating, not forward planning enough or did you completely misjudge how long the task would take?
3. Was there something that disappointed you and didn’t turn out the way you wanted? If so, how did you deal with the disappointment? Did you work through and release it or is it still bottled up inside you?
4. Did you beat yourself up emotionally for something that didn’t work out? If so, how did you or how can you pick yourself back up again?
5. Were there any self-limiting beliefs that held you back? If so, what can you do to kick them to the curb going forward?
6. Did something that you first considered bad or unpleasant turn out to be an opportunity in disguise?
7. Did you complete something exciting or interesting that you never imagined you could do?
8. What tasks or actions achieved a good result for the first part of the year? Make sure you give yourself a pat on the back for your wins, we don’t do this often enough!
9. What are you most proud of so far for the year?
11. What time management and productivity tools, apps or processes can you start using to improve how you spend your time?
12. What do you need to do more of going forward?
13. What do you need to do less of?
14. What do you need to stop putting off as you move into the second half of the year?
15. What do you need to get honest with yourself about to move forward?
16. What can you get help with by either delegating or outsourcing?
17. Do you need to ensure you have more fun and relaxation over the next six months? If so, what is your plan on making this happen?
18. If you had to pick one goal to achieve this year what would it be?
19. At the close of this year, what do you want to feel most proud of?
20. What word would explain how you want to feel at the end of the year?
I hope this fires you up and triggers some ideas and inspiration for the next six months. If you are struggling, I hope this post helps you get back on track!
If you enjoyed this post, please share it with your friends via the social media buttons provided.